C2 SP 12ft 3.75lb Carp Rods
Condition: 9/10, come with cloth bag
- C2 SP 12’ 3.75lb model
- High Performance Resin system – allows development of lighter blanks while still providing strength, toughness and superior playing actions.
- Autoclave Technology for long life performance retention.
- 1k-1k carbon outer weave from butt to top of tip
- Century Carbon 1k-1k reel seat with Matt Black Metal hoods for lightness and latest generation inspiring looks
- Black screen printed logos on blank
- Sealed with custom PTFE/silicone low scratch matt finish
- Minima Black 4 TiCH guides fitted, size 50-16mm
- Manufacturing pedigree immersed in World Record casting and Aerospace/Motorsport carbon composite technology
- Blank and Rod designed and manufactured in United Kingdom
- 40 Year Anniversary Edition
The Century C2 when first launched was quickly respected among carp anglers throughout Europe due to its benchmark setting; light weight, balance, fish playing characteristics and the latest carbon technology features. Century launched the original C2 as the next step on the development ladder to maintain our tradition of bringing out cult rods such as the Armalite and NG which are cherished and respected by owners over a lifetime of angling. Firmly planted in the market the C2 rods are set to continue that tradition and we are sure the C2 will stand the another 30+ years.
This new update to the C2 range still works from the original C2 design concept but now bringing cosmetics and additional blank test curves up to date with current carp angler needs. We have introduced a new Century custom carbon reel seat which has incredible looks thanks to the matt black metal hoods and lock rings. The handle has been changed to a full shrink handle which is both durable and brilliant looking while sat on the bank. The discreetly printed new Century C2 black logos on the blank and black butt cap will have your friends admiring the rods and quizzing you about how they perform in advance of their own purchase.
The C2 SP series is a completely new selection of rods which incorporates both the benefits of the newer C2 technology and action/power characteristics of the long-time established SP. We know that for some larger venues out there the standard C2 needed extra power and that will also suit anglers who like to fish at range where most other anglers on lesser tackle just cannot reach or match. It could be a strong headwind scenario where need to throw a larger lead size or wanting to use bigger PVA bags. There are so many anglers who have told Century how they love their SP for having that fast taper action which meant there was enough subtleness in the tip to avoid hook pulls and still a pleasure when playing fish but that as they opened the rod up and loaded it with a bit more energy the butt section would be utilised and the rod could deliver anything asked of it.
We have therefore brought out three brand new C2 SP models which build on this requirement but have benefitted the from slightly lower diameter butt section due to higher grade carbon materials used and designed them with an overlap joint to better enhance the continuous rod action between tip/butt. For those who want a bit more power and those that are confident in their ability to utilise it would be the 12’ 3.75lb. The C2 SP models are fitted with size 50-16 guides as standard.