Acolyte 17ft Float Rod
Condition: 9/10, comes with cloth bag.
- 17ft (5.18m)
- Average rod weight of 7oz (198g)
- High modulus carbon blank
- Three sections
- Ultra slim
- Lightweight and perfectly balanced
- Excellent line and float control
- Crisp and responsive blank
- Suitable for reel lines from 3lb (1.4kg) to 5lb (2.3kg)
- Suitable for hook lengths between 2lb to 4lb plus (0.11mm to 0.15mm)
- Full cork handle
- Engraved cap
- Fuji reel seat
Despite being 17ft the average rod weight is just 7oz (198g). It is easy to fish for prolonged periods with a crisp, fast tip action and mellow middle that will handle a whole range of silverfish and more. Superb for any top and bottom float work, especially in deep running water and for picking up the line at distance on the waggler. The slimline blank is also rigid so it doesn’t bounce about in a wind, or droop forward but actually sits up in the hand.
Field tested and developed over a period of eighteen months in conjunction with Alan Scotthorne and top level match anglers who were involved in phases of prototypes. The 17ft float is designed for the connoisseur who wants the very best when it comes to long float rods.
Ideal reel lines from 3lb to 5lb (1.4kg to 2.3kg) and hooklengths from 2lb (0.11mm) to 4lb + (0.15mm).